Foundation for Research and Technology
INSTITUTE OF APPLIED AND
Wave Propagation Group
George N. Makrakis
Department of Applied Mathematics,
University of Crete
A. Ocean Acoustics
B. Multiphase Geometrical Optics
- Computation of high-frequency fiels near caustics in stratified
- Multivalued solutions of the eikonal equation
- Phase space techniques (Wigner transform, Lagrangian integrals)
(activity related to the TMR Programmes : "Hyperbolic Conservation Laws"
Solutions and their Applications" and the IHP Programme: Hyperbolic and Kinetic Equations:Asymptotics,
Recent related papers:
- Semiclassical Wigner function and geometrical optics (with S. Filippas),
SIAM Multiscale Modeling & Simulation, Vol. 1, No.4, pp.674-710, 2004.
- High frequency waves near cusp caustics (with. E. Kaligiannaki & T.
Quarterly of Applied Mathematics, Vol. XLI, No. 1, pp. 111-129, 2003.
- Computation of high-frequency fields near caustics(with T. Katsaounis &
Mathematical Methods and Models in Applied Sciences, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 1-30,
- Multivalued solutions to the eikonal equation in stratified media (with
S. Izumiya & G.T. Kossioris),
Quarterly of Applied Mathematics, Vol. 59, No. 2, pp. 365-390, 2001.
MARIE CURIE FELLOWHIPS PROGRAM
"Modelling and Computations in Wave Propagation"
BILATERAL GERMAN-GREEK PROGRAM
"New Analytical and Numerical Methods in Underwater
Send email to me